Let us know if you would like to see more photos of this artwork!
- Back of the work / Side of the work
- Details / Signature / Artwork's surface or texture
- Artwork in situation, Other...
STAND TALL (2023) Printmaking by Tosin Oyeniyi
- Packaging (Tube) All artworks are shipped with a premium carrier, carefully protected and insured.
- Tracking Order tracking until the parcel is delivered to the buyer. A tracking number will be provided so that you can follow the parcel in real-time.
- Delay Worldwide delivery in 3 to 7 days (Estimate)
- Customs not included The price does not include customs fees. Most countries have no import tax for original artworks, but you may have to pay the reduced VAT. Customs fees (if any) are to be calculated on arrival by the customs office and will be billed separately by the carrier.
- Trackable Online Certificate of Authenticity Authenticity Certificates can be verified online at any moment by scanning the artwork code.
- Artist Value Certification Experts study the work and career of an artist then establish an independent and reliable average price value. The average price value situates the artist on a price range for a given period. The experts may also be asked to establish a more precise estimate for a particular work.
100% secure payment with SSL certificate + 3D Secure.
We will be fighting
Till Africa and Africans are free
We’ve been up there
And seen poverty beyond compare
we know slave drivers just don't care
They just don't care
Africa's the richest place
But it has the poorest race
And to us it's just a disgrace
Africans don't wait too long
We gotta fight because it's not wrong
To be poor it's a hurtful pain
Living in poverty is a burning shame
Help yourself because man you're not lame
You are not lame
Art enthusiast, archivist, antiquarian and Nigerian hybrid printmaker Tosin Oyeniyi hails from Oyo State, Nigeria where he spent his childhood and teenage years before migrating to other parts of the Country.
The meticulous and intrinsically talented Print-Making Artist predictably exploded after bagging his 1st Degree from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University where he studied Fine and Applied Arts and graduated as a Graphics specialist.
Tosin has since stuck with a similitude of an even blend of naturalism and post-expressionism as he colourfully and ingeniously shares the rich and vast African beauty, stories, sceneries and culture with the rest of the world through Prints (LINOCUT).
Professionally, the highly spirited, independent-minded, Artist has been practicing since 2015 and currently resides in Ibadan.
Through Art, I specifically seek to exhibit, project and export the rich, enormous and vastly undermined African culture and her custom to the rest of the world. While unravelling the blacks under-appreciated pasts, I also narrate her unscripted socio-economic stages of developments unapologetically.
My works intentionally mirrors and reflects the unpalatable plights of the poor, the predicaments of a typical African woman, the quagmire of the out-of-school children and the vexation of the homeless.
Although on the other side, I also display the contentment of an average African family with hope-filled, glowing eyeballs adorned in her rich agrarian environment.
My Art, which subvert conventional ideas in styles and final looks, particularly investigates the Blacks persistent yearning for peaceful co-existence, drawing particular attention to the prosperity that is obtainable only within a serene environment, without being political.
Coupling modern education with being an indigenous Artist from a modest background makes my ethos relatable, in that it exhibits real life situations of real Black people.
I have been privileged to feature in several virtual and on-site Art EXHIBITIONS both on the home soil and in overseas. Notable among them are:
- WCPF23 (Woolwich Contemporary Print Fair, London UK, 2023.
- Young Contemporary Printmakers, Lagos Nigeria, 2023
- ART Santa Fe, CONTEMPORARY ART + DESIGN. FAiR. New Mexico, USA. JULY, 2023
- ARCHIVAL, A Visual Narratives, Milwaukee, WI U.S.A., 2023
- RENCONTRE internationale de gravure, Tunisia. 2022
- Contemporary Linocut, Kingsborough Art Museum (KAM), New York City 2022
- Connecting The World Through The Arts, USA; 2022
- DIY Art Show, Sweden 2022
- The ART of Adventure, Lagos, Nigeria . 2022
- Indispensable Woman 1, Artsy. 2022
- Print Auction (1stDips). 2022
-Forgotten Identity, Artsy. 2022
-Freedom Not-Negotiable, Artsy 2022
-Art in Addiction Recovery, USA 2021
-Art in Healing, USA. 2020
-The Adventure Art Exhibition, Lagos, Nigeria(receives publication from THE NATION NEWSPAPER ofWednesday, 5th February, 2019 on page 22). 2019
-Reality behind the masks, Ondo State; 2013